Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Sisters Grimm-The Fairy Tale Detectives

I am fortunate.  I really am.  I have had the opportunity to teach every grade level at the elementary level.  I have even had the opportunity to teach Special Ed and Gifted.  I love that I know where my 2nd graders are coming from, and I am equally glad that I know where they are going.

Sometimes when I switch grade levels there is a big jump...like this year..I went from 5th to 2nd.  (Not my biggest jump...but, a pretty good jump nonetheless)  I was a little worried.  There are things that I 
L-O-V-E about 5th grade and things that I knew that I would M-I-S-S, but I also knew I would find things to L-O-V-E about 2nd grade.  I was right.  I did.  I love teaching 2nd grade.  

I had mixed feelings about Read Alouds.  I love that I can read picture books out loud and show the pictures.  I love that.  Every bit of it.  I was sad that I would have to abandon some of my favorite chapter books for reading out loud.  But, then I got to thinking....  Did I?  Some, yes....some no!  

One that I decided to hold on to is The Sister's Grimm:  The Fairy-Tale Detectives.   Students are so engaged and think that they are truly a big deal because they get to listen to a book that I have read to 5th graders.  There are so many teaching opportunities, and the students love talking about plot lines and characters when there is more "meat" to the story.  

Enjoy this freebie that you can download from my Teacher Pay Teacher store.  



No comments:

Post a Comment